THE ROLE / RESPONSIBILITIES
Reporting directly to the Chief Financial Officer, you will be responsible for the preparation, coordination, and end to end processing of the weekly payroll (170+ employees) in accordance with award rates, employment agreements, and company policies.
You will have strong analytical skills and a high attention to detail. Working across a range of employers and a fast-paced industry, you will need broad experience in Award / Agreement interpretation and the ability to apply in a high-volume payroll.
Your role will involve (but not limited to):
- Managing and responsible for the end-to-end wages and salary payroll processing for 170+ employees in a timely and accurate manner
- Employee onboarding and maintenance of personnel records, including staff leave
- Preparing and lodgement of the quarterly superannuation, monthly Payroll Tax, PAYG payments
- Preparing and reconciliation of annual Workcover lodgements
- Post payroll and other month-end tasks, including managing, recording and allocation of project staff costs
- Managing and responding to all payroll queries
- Managing and reconciliation Payroll related General Ledger accounts as required
- Assisting the accounting and treasury functions of the group in between peak payroll periods
- Continually improving processes and assisting with procedural implementations updates and training
- Ideally degree qualified with a minimum of 2 years of relevant experience, with exposure in payroll and bookkeeping
- Demonstrated experience and working knowledge of relevant Awards and understanding of Payroll processes and associated legislations
- Exceptional numerical ability and data entry skills, strong attention to detail and excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to manage workload and meet deadlines.
- Have intermediate to advanced skills in Microsoft Excel
- A strong customer service ethos and ability to work across multiple industries and support staff from diverse industries
WHAT WE CAN OFFER
INTREC’s people are our difference. We want to celebrate the success of our staff and create an environment where they thrive.
We know personal and career growth is important to each staff member which is why we help our staff excel in their career year on year and provide opportunities to grow personally. In addition, we also know the little things count:
- Be rewarded annually for your goals
- Partnership in developing a tailored learning and development plan to meet your career aspirations
- Work with a talented and supportive environment
- $2000 offered towards external learning, after a 6-month probation
- Complementary Thursday lunches
- Car parking space
- Participating in Property and Construction networking events
- Tailored Wellbeing programs
- Fresh bread, healthy snacks, smoothies
- In house gym
To understand more about the role please contact firstname.lastname@example.org