INTREC – Interiors Refurbishment & Construction
Operating throughout Australia for over two decades, INTREC has delivered in excess of 4500+ successful commercial fit out, building refurbishment and construction management projects since our establishment in 1996.
We focus on numerous sectors including; government, private sector, education, banking/finance, retail, hospitality, health, retirement living/ aged care, childcare.
Jump on our Website, LinkedIn or Instagram pages to get a better look at the impressive projects we are delivering every day and for a feel of who we are.
The finer details
This role is requiring someone who has very good communication skills with a safety mind. Your main responsibilities will be to work with project teams to implement a personalised brand of exemplary safety behaviour, influencing an authentic high performance safety culture while continuing to maintain the high standard of safety management policies and procedures in place. Your role will include the following but not limited to:
- Site Inspection, quality audit and site walk through reviews of all QLD INTREC projects on a pre-determined schedule
- Involvement in pre-start meetings to analyse risk and plan mitigation strategies
- Drive all with all compliance related administrative tasks, assist with the implementation of the company’s WHS/EMS/QA plans
- Induction of site related new employees from a Safety and ‘Good Practice’ standpoint
- Close working relationship across the QLD team including Site and Project Managers
- Rolling out a range of process improvements driven by implementation of ‘HammerTech’ Induction and compliance platform
- Experience in dealing with Industrial Relations challenges that are likely to surface in Construction Projects.
- New Build experience as well as Traditional Fit Out
- Experience in structural and civil trades is an advantage
- Experience in working in teams
- Knowing the local market is an advantage
- FSC Experience
Skills and Qualifications
- Diploma/ Certificate IV in WHS/OHS
- A passion for the WHS/QA sector
- Microsoft office skills; Word, Outlook, and Excel
- Possess a strong attention to detail and the ability to write content
- Maintain professionalism
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Practical decision making and problem-solving skills
- Current Senior First Aid Certificate
- Current Construction Induction card
- Current driver’s license
- Self-motivated, punctual, and reliable
- Able to work with minimal supervision
- Great time management
- Possess confidence to deal with strong personalities and diverse situations, particularly on work sites
- Able to travel interstate, as necessary
The reward – It’s the little things that count
INTREC’s people are our difference. We want to celebrate the success of our staff and create an environment where they thrive.
We know personal and career growth is important to each staff member which is why we help our staff excel in their career year on year and provide opportunities to grow personally. In addition we also know the little things count when you work in the office:
- Be rewarded annually for your goals
- Partnership in developing a tailored learning and development plan to meet your career aspirations
- Work with a talented and supportive environment
- $2000 offered towards external learning, after a 6 month probation
- Complementary Thursday lunches
- Participating in Property and Construction networking events
- Tailored Wellbeing programs
- Fresh bread, healthy snacks, smoothies
- In house gym and end of trip facilities
To obtain a position description for the Safety Advisor role or for further information, please contact email@example.com