INTREC is a privately owned Australian company, specialising in Construction, commercial fit out, building refurbishment and construction management. Founded in 1996, INTREC has seen an organic growth and are now operate in Sydney, Brisbane, Melbourne & Canberra.
Our key focus is developing thorough relationships with our clients and understanding their unique needs. By dedicating a combined vision, we have the ability to deliver value and excellence in every aspect of our service.
INTREC have been part of the industry for over 20 years and we know our craft well. We have delivered award winning projects and been noticed for the outstanding service, quality, and reliability we bring. The success brings us our repeat business and provide us with impressive recommendations.
None of this would be able to happen without INTREC’s people, who work together in creating a company who challenges the status quo, generous with their time and enthusiastic with all that they do!
“Our difference is our people” – INTREC Management, 2018
About the role:
We are looking for a qualified and experienced Estimator to be based in our NSW office based in Artarmon. Although each day is different, you will be responsible for:
- Thoroughly reviewing tender documentation to develop accurate SOW, BOQ and Cost Plans
- Lump sum, D&C and Construction Management tenders
- Issuing trade packages to sub-contractors and ensuring trade quotes are received
- Preparing take-offs and tender estimates
- Recommending and delivering bid strategies and value engineering options on tenders
- Preparing methodologies and programmes for submissions when required
- Reviewing & analysing subcontractor quotes and negotiate to obtain best prices
- Assist in the preparation of tender submissions ensuring all components are included
- Attend tender interview meetings
- Undertake pre-commencement meetings to hand over projects to INTRECs project delivery team
- Servicing and expanding INTRECs’ subcontractor base in a professional and ethical manner
- Provide leadership, guidance and support to junior members of the team.
- Reporting directly to the Estimator Manager and State Manager
What we are looking for?
- An experienced estimator to join our estimating team to undertake new build construction and major refurbishment tenders.
- Ability to introduce own network of reputable subcontractors to INTREC would be advantageous.
- Proven performance through successful tender bids on commercial projects from $500k to $20 mil
- Training in a QS firm and or experience working with a building contractor
- Experience in Government, Health, Education, Laboratories, Rail is an advantage
- Exceptional verbal and written communications skills
- Strong organisation and time management skills
- Ability to meet deadlines and stay focused under pressure
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain relationships
- Good negotiating skills coupled with a keen eye for detail
- Great autonomous skills with a keen passion for team values
- Flexibility, adaptability and being able to problem solve
- Experienced in Buildsoft, Cubit, MS Project, EstimateOne, Microsoft suite
What’s in it for you?
- Excellent reward and recognition
- Tailored learning and development plan to meet your career aspiration
- Autonomy and open management style
- Participants of construction networking events
- Good work/life balance
- Social and fun working environment
How to Apply:
Please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. If successful you will be contacted.
Please note that applications from agencies will not be considered at this time. To be eligible to apply for this role you must be legally permitted to work full time in Australia.