At INTREC, we firmly stand by the principle: “Our Difference is Our People.” Our doors are always open for passionate individuals eager to join our continually evolving team. With a legacy spanning over 25 years, we have consistently and sustainably executed interior refurbishments and construction projects across Australia’s Eastern Seaboard. Our expertise covers a broad spectrum of sectors, such as Education, Health, Government, Aged Care, Retail, Hotels & Hospitality, Fitness & Leisure, Transport, Services Infrastructure, and Commercial.
Estimating Manager at INTREC
We are busy, we are growing, and we need the help of a qualified and experienced Estimating Manager. Our ideal candidate will oversee the VIC estimating department, reviewing and developing the company’s strategic approach to opportunities, estimating, and submissions in conjunction with other departments. This role involves ensuring that our estimates are not only accurate but also competitive and in line with current market trends. Your responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Oversee the VIC Estimating Department: Lead, mentor, and manage a team of estimators, fostering a collaborative environment and ensuring knowledge sharing.
- Review Tender Documentation: Carefully analyse all provided documents to grasp project requirements and ensure they are factored into bid preparation.
- Estimate Preparation: Utilise current market trends to analyse and prepare precise tender estimates, budget estimates, and other cost-related proposals.
- Risk Evaluation: Assess potential risks linked with bids and tenders, accounting for market fluctuations, material availability, and labour constraints.
- Liaise with Key Departments: Regularly collaborate with project managers, procurement, and business development to guarantee that estimates align with the company’s objectives.
- Market Research: Stay abreast of industry trends, including material costs and labour rates, ensuring our estimates remain competitive and aligned with current standards.
- Maintain and Upgrade Estimating Tools: Ensure that our estimating software is current, incorporating the most recent cost data and methodologies for efficiency and accuracy.
- Post-Project Analysis: After a project’s conclusion, contrast estimated costs with actual expenses to refine and improve estimating techniques.
- Cost Plan Submission: Prepare and present cost plans as required.
The skills we need
- Educational Background: Tertiary or trade qualification in Construction, Quantity Surveying or similar.
- Experience: Minimum of 10 years’ experience in the industry
- Track Record: Proven track record leading successful bids for refurbishment, fitout, and construction projects of varying scales and complexities up to $20 million.
- Technical Expertise: Proficiency in using Cubit and Cubit Select. Deep understanding of construction processes, materials, and labour costing.
- Analytical Skills: Demonstrated ability to scrutinise tender documents, identify potential risks and offer mitigation strategies.
- Leadership: Experience mentoring, training, and leading a team of estimators.
- Communication: Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Meet Deadlines: Ability to meet deadlines and stay focused under pressure.
- Decision-making: Instances where decisive action in high-pressure situations led to favourable outcomes.
What We Offer:
INTREC’s people are our difference. We want to celebrate the success of our staff and create an environment where they thrive. We know personal and career growth is essential to each staff member, so we help our team excel in their career year after year and provide opportunities to grow personally.
- Career Growth: At INTREC, we recognise the value of professional and personal growth. We prioritise internal promotions and offer tailored learning and development plans to meet your career aspirations.
- Competitive Benefits: After a 6-month probation, we provide $2,000 towards external learning. Our Employee Referral Program offers a generous $6,000 bonus, and we ensure our staff are fairly compensated with annual salary reviews.
- Wellness and Work-Life Balance: We understand that a healthy employee is a happy one. Access a gym within our office building, and you’ll have a Wellbeing Ambassador to help you reach your fitness goals. Plus, enjoy fresh bread, healthy snacks, and smoothies.
- Collaborative Environment: Our monthly construction lunch and learns to foster a culture of continuous learning and collaboration among our team members.
- Rewarding Company Culture: With over 25 years of experience in the industry, we’ve built a culture that celebrates the success of our staff and provides an environment where they can thrive. Our commitment to sustainability and safety is unwavering, and we pride ourselves on delivering projects that make a difference across the Eastern Seaboard of Australia.
Note to agencies: We have preferred recruitment partners in place and, therefore, do not welcome speculative enquiries.