At INTREC, we believe Our Difference is Our People. We are always looking for enthusiastic and passionate people to join our expanding team in Sydney. Operating throughout Australia for over two decades, INTREC has delivered more than 4500 successful commercial fit out, building refurbishment and construction management projects.
Our focus is on numerous sectors including government, education, banking & finance, retail, hospitality and health & aged care. Jump on our website, LinkedIn or Instagram pages to get a better look at the impressive projects we are delivering every day.
About the role:
It’s all-hands-on-deck at INTREC. We are busy, we are growing, and we need the help of an experienced Accounts Payable Officer to join our Finance team based in Sydney. Our ideal candidate will ensure timely accurate recording and capturing of AP invoices, expenses and payments to our suppliers. Your role involves:
- Processing project invoices into project management and accounting systems, matching project invoices against purchase orders and payment claims
- Processing non project invoices into accounting systems and ensuring correct manager approval obtained for these invoices.
- Checking and verifying supplier details to ensure compliance with tax requirements and company policies.
- Respond to creditor inquires via telephone and email.
- Monthly creditor statements reconciliation
- Preparing payment files and banking for approval on a regular basis
- Preparing payment runs for project retention amounts in accordance with contracts.
- Process employee expense claims and corporate credit card transactions
- Emailing supplier remittances
- Contributing to continuous improvement of Accounts Payable systems and processes
- Ad hoc tasks to ensure the Accounts Payable function supports our business.
What are we looking for?
- Full function accounts payable experience
- Good understanding of accounting systems and AP processes (OCR, Expense Management, Banking, Purchase Orders)
- Knowledge of construction and project-based industries would be highly advantageous
- Excellent skills in Microsoft Excel
- Impressive organisational and time management skills
- Self-sufficient and able to initiate work tasks and pro-actively resolve issues[SA1]
- Proven experience in data entry with high level of accuracy
- High attention to detail
- Exceptional verbal and written communications skills
- Ability to meet deadlines and stay focused under pressure
- Skills to help build and maintain relationships
What’s in it for you?
- Excellent reward and recognition
- Tailored learning and development plan to meet your career aspiration
- Autonomy and open management style
- Participants of construction networking events
- Good work/life balance
- Social and fun working environment
How to apply:
Please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. If successful you will be contacted.
Note to agencies: We have preferred recruitment partners in place and therefore do not welcome speculative enquiries.